Areas Of Expertise
ROBERT WARD, DC, MD, NMD offers professional services in the following areas:
- Definition to comeIndependent Medical Examiner
- A special evaluator not involved with the medical care of the individual examinee that impartially evaluates the care being provided by other practitioners to clarify clinical, disability, liability or other case issues.Internist
- The chiropractic internist may serve as a primary care physician or may see patients referred from other providers for evaluation and co-management. Evaluation is focused on the early detection of functional, nutritional, and pathological disorders. A chiropractic internist utilizes the diagnostic instruments necessary for proper examination. In cases where laboratory examination is necessary, a chiropractic internist utilizes a recognized reference laboratory facility. A chiropractic internist may manage his or her own cases or may refer to another specialist when prudent to do so. The chiropractic internist utilizes documented natural therapies, therapeutic lifestyle changes, patient education and other resources to promote patient health and avoidance of disease.Orthopedic
- Chiropractic Orthopedics is defined as that branch of chiropractic medicine that includes the continued acquisition of knowledge relative to both normal functions and diseases of the human body as they relate to the bones, joints, capsules, discs, muscles, ligaments, tendons, their complete neurological and vascular components, referred organ systems and contiguous tissues. This also includes the development and perfection of skills relative to health maintenance when such exists and when not, the investigations, historical review, physical detection, correlative diagnosis development and complete management of any disorder within the bounds defined herein. Also necessary is the delivery of the combined knowledge and skill on a primary basis to patients who both need and desire this service to the eventual outcome of remissions, whenever resolution is not readily achievable. In addition the certified chiropractic orthopedist provides consultation services at the request of other qualified doctors seeking assistance in the care of their patients. The chiropractic orthopedist may also engage in the teaching and or research of subjects and materials relevant to pursuing the quest for knowledge in the ever changing field of the orthopedic specialty.Naturopath
- Diagnoses, treats, and cares for patients, using system of practice that bases treatment of physiological functions and abnormal conditions on natural laws governing human body: Utilizes physiological, psychological, and mechanical methods, such as air, water, light, heat, earth, phototherapy, food and herb therapy, psychotherapy, electrotherapy, physiotherapy, minor and orificial surgery, mechanotherapy, naturopathic corrections and manipulation, and natural methods or modalities, together with natural medicines, natural processed foods, and herbs and nature's remedies. Excludes major surgery, therapeutic use of x ray and radium, and use of drugs, except those assimilable substances containing elements or compounds which are components of body tissues and are physiologically compatible to body processes for maintenance of life.