Areas Of Expertise
STANLEY SCARBROUGH, R.PH. offers professional services in the following areas:
- A provider who is educated and trained in a system of therapeutics in which diseases are treated by drugs which are capable of producing in healthy persons symptoms like those of the disease to be treated. Treatment requires administering a drug in minute doses.Naturopath
- Diagnoses, treats, and cares for patients, using system of practice that bases treatment of physiological functions and abnormal conditions on natural laws governing human body: Utilizes physiological, psychological, and mechanical methods, such as air, water, light, heat, earth, phototherapy, food and herb therapy, psychotherapy, electrotherapy, physiotherapy, minor and orificial surgery, mechanotherapy, naturopathic corrections and manipulation, and natural methods or modalities, together with natural medicines, natural processed foods, and herbs and nature's remedies. Excludes major surgery, therapeutic use of x ray and radium, and use of drugs, except those assimilable substances containing elements or compounds which are components of body tissues and are physiologically compatible to body processes for maintenance of life.Pharmacist
- An individual licensed by the appropriate state regulatory agency to engage in the practice of pharmacy. The practice of pharmacy includes, but is not limited to, assessment, interpretation, evaluation, and implementation, initiation, monitoring or modification of medication and or medical orders; the compounding or dispensing of medication and or medical orders; participation in drug and device procurement, storage, and selection; drug administration; drug regimen reviews; drug or drug-related research; provision of patient education and the provision of those acts or services necessary to provide medication therapy management services in all areas of patient care.Geriatric
- A pharmacist who is certified in geriatric pharmacy practice is designated as a “Certified Geriatric Pharmacist” (CGP). To become certified, candidates are expected to be knowledgeable about principles of geriatric pharmacotherapy and the provision of pharmaceutical care to the elderly.Pharmacotherapy
- A licensed pharmacist who has demonstrated specialized knowledge and skill in optimizing pharmacotherapeutic care of patients, by developing, implementing, monitoring, and modifying complex treatment plans, providing advanced level education and consultation, and collaborating with other health professionals in the management of therapy.